Positive Pathways is a private limited company owned and managed by Kevin and Danielle Epps specializing in the provision of Ofsted-registered children’s homes in the Birmingham area. It now operates five homes providing therapeutic care and support to vulnerable and troubled children and young people with emotional/behavioural difficulties from across the country. Young people placed with us have often been marginalised and conventional services have struggled to meet their complex needs. Many will have experienced numerous placements in foster care, children’s homes, and inpatient mental health services and have often been diagnosed with mental health and/or developmental difficulties such as autism spectrum disorders (ASD), Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), depression, psychosis, emerging personality difficulties and learning difficulties. Our homes are ordinary residential houses located in urban areas to maximise opportunities for daily living skills development and integration into local educational and community services.
Our strengths are our ability to:
- Focus our time and resources in establishing relationships with profoundly damaged young people who often lack trust and feel overwhelmed and bewildered by their problems. Each home cares for a maximum of 2 or 3 young people, thereby providing a high level of adult supervision and support.
- Understand complex psychological needs.
- Build care and therapeutic programmes around identified needs.
- Effectively manage risks.
- Work closely with parents, family members and professionals.
- Navigate our way through the complex myriad of services and systems in which the young person is embedded.
Senior Management Team
DR. KEVIN EPPS
MRS DANIELLE EPPS
MRS LIZ DOLAN